Mission and goals of the study program in “DENTISTRY”.
The mission of “Aldent” University is to prepare the prominent dentists with theoretical knowledge and practical skills able to withstand the constantly increasing requirements of our medical system in general and dentistry in particular.
Graduate students at the end of the study period will have sufficient knowledge on:
- Fundamentals of Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, and many other aspects of body normal functioning.
- Phisiopathological aspects as well as knowledge of some main human diseases.
- Different groups of drugs, their origin, methods of absorption and elimination from the body.
- General knowledge for internal disease
- In the field of professional preparation they will receive adequate knowledge of:
- Restorative and preventive dentistry; materials and methods used for the prevention and treatment of diseases of the hard and soft tissues of the mouth.
- Preclinical and clinical prosthetic, which include Fixed Prosthodontics , removable Prosthodontics, different types of prothesis, their classification, and care during their construction .
- Anesthesiology , Oral Surgery and Maxillo-facial Surgery , type of anesthetics, anesthetic techniques, extractions and treatment of congenital and acquired pathologies of the OMF region.
- Legal requirements relating to the dental clinic activity.
- Activity organization in public and private clinics.
- Ethical, Deontological and human aspects of the profession of dentist.
All the above objectives are in conformity with the Directive 2005/36 / EC of the Council and the European Parliament and in accordance with the Law on Higher Education of the Ministry of Education and Sports of Albania. In all these subjects except for lectures and seminars a sufficient number of practical laboratory hours are planed, in order to train students not only theoretically but also practically. The study program are also provides sufficient credits to professional practice which will take place in the fifth year. Practice will enable students to work in various public and private clinics upon graduation. Creating conditions for to maximize theoretical and practical realization of these goals is our main concern. Each year a limited number of students will be accepted. This will provide the possibility for small group of students to attend lectures and seminars and especially laboratory practices and a maximum control and the realization of as many experiments as possible by the students.
ORGANIZATION OF THE INTEGRATED STUDY PROGRAMME IN DENTISTRY
I.1- This program is part of the second cycle of study.
I.2- Name of the diploma: Master of Science in Dentistry.
I.3- Study program Duration: 5 academic years (10 semesters)
I.4- Total number of credits: 300 ECTS
I.5- Form of study: This study program is full time
CURRICULUM OF INTEGRATED STUDY PROGRAM IN DENTISTRY
The curriculum is designed according to the following criteria:
Year / semesters – 5 academic years / 10 semesters
Credits per year – 60 ECTS